Color V. Suit

As I was working on my latest game today, the thought occured to me,
for Piecepack, isnt Suit and Color the same exact thing? I mean that
for simplicity, we should do with out one or the other (term wise
that is). Can any one find a reason for this not to be the case?
Which one should prevail? I would think in the long run, Color would
be better over suit. I think the word "suit" has more meanings in
games than color does, and would therefore be a more confusing term.
I.E. "Arange the board in such a way that suits you" At the present
moment, I can't think of another use of the word color in gaming.