[OT] Re: About software.... Yes, a Little OT

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, Andre Garzia <soapdog@m...> wrote:
> Is there any specialized software for making
> simple board games? I am using a Macintosh by the way,

Hi, Andre.  I do not know of any specialized software for Macintosh
for the purpose of laying out game boards for print.

> or should I go with Illustrator or Corel...

As you discovered, Illustrator and Corel are both probably overkill
for the simple boards you mentioned.  If I were you, I would use the
Draw function of AppleWorks (formerly ClarisWorks) which probably
came with your Mac.  It is very intuitive and quite capable.  I use
it for almost all of my layout work, including game cards, game
boards, and diagrams for piecepack rulesets (look ma, we're back on
topic!).

Cheers,
James