Re: [piecepack] Let's nip this problem in the bud.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ron Hale-Evans
  To: piecepack@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 2:09 AM
  Subject: Re: [piecepack] Let's nip this problem in the bud.

  >You're right about the frantic rabid claiming, which is why I'm
  >staking a claim right away to _fun_ mechanics.  My games will be the
  >only ones that can use mechanics that are fun.

  >Sorry about that, but I was the first.

  >Ron

  Hey, wait a minute here! That can't be true. I remember one time playing a game that had fun mechanics. And that was years ago!

  Seriously though, I don't think there will be a problem with more than one game submission utilizing the same mechanic. If they do, other details are bound to be different. Look at all the card solitaires out there that are very similar to each other. There are quite a few for example, in which red cards are stacked on black, and vice versa, in descending or ascending rank. Yet most of these are still considered to be distinct games. So I expect we will see some similarity, but I'll be surprised if there is a lot of it.

  -Mike Schoessow