Re: [piecepack] Re: Dice Inconsistancies Part 2-Tiles

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Electronicwaffle
  To: piecepack@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 8:08 PM
  Subject: [piecepack] Re: Dice Inconsistancies Part 2-Tiles

  --- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Schoessow"
  <mikeschoessow@c...> wrote:

  >> Of course rotating the tile 90 degrees also turns the suit log on
  >>its side. So the real question is, are all the suit logos right-side-
  >>up when they are all in the upper left hand corner? With my sets,
  >>the answer is, yes.

  >What exactly do mean by "log on its side" is this a typo for long?
  Sorry about that. Actually, it was a typo for logo. In retrospect, it may have been better to use icon, or symbol. At ant rate, I was talking about the little .25" X .25" representations of the suits that each tile has near one of its corners.

  >If so do you mean the suit picture itself and not the tile which
  >runs long? Lets avoid confusion here, I am using Mesomoprh's 2nd
  >edition. It seems to me that all the tiles are perfect squares, and
  >the sun suit stamp is pefectly radialy symetric.

  Actually, the sun suit is orthogonally symmetrical (or perhaps you could say it possesses cartesian symmetry), but I'm not sure you can say it is radially symmetrical, in the sense that rotating it any multiple of 90 degrees will not affect its appearance, but rotating it 45 degrees (for example) will. But yes, I agree that in the case of the sun suit, tile rotation has no effect on its appearance. In the original post to this thread, I failed to notice that you were talking specifically about the sun. Now I appreciate Mark's comment more, and perhaps you can appreciate mine :-)

  -Mike Schoessow