Re: How Many Chess-like games does Piecepack have?

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Electronicwaffle"
<electronicwaffle@y...> wrote:
> How many chess/shogi games, checker or wargames does Piecepack have?
> I am unaware of any wargames (Stratego-type) for piecepack.   Maybe
> someone should work on this.   ;-)

My Taxonomy of Piecepack games categorises all the Piecepack games
that were around a couple of months ago:

www.ludism.org/ppwiki/TaxonomyOfPiecepackGames.

According to this there are only five "displace" games:

* Evade
* Magic Mids
* Martian Treasure Hunt
* Reversi
* Mancala (hardly a wargame)

There isn't a single "Themed" wargame, but that's hardly suprising
given the size of the piecepack.

The lack of these games was part of my reasoning for looking at what
already existing abstract games could be played with the piecepack:

www.ludism.org/ppwiki/GenericAbstracts

Almost all of these games are "chess-like".

(btw, would anyone mind if I put this page on the front page of the
wiki? It's a good untapped source of piecepack games and I put a lot
of work into it!)

--
Iain