Re: New Win Condition for Pawnop.

Hi

> I guess at most a 1:1 trade off could happen. And that would be
it.

Right, and nobody would want to trade to let anyone win - so the
result is a stalemate.  I personally think that making pawnopoly a
set-collection oriented game would be much more difficult to do
well versus a 'make them all bankrupt' game.

> If the only item we add is a standard D6, what exactly can we
do?
> Perhaps tile orientation will be key... As I stated before, the tile
> would face the owner....  and start the game face down.

I'm not sure what you are referring to here - is this in your ruleset
and I missed it or misread it?

?Apparently I
> have a lot to do to reduce the luck in dice rolls...    I guess I
> could create a score card with currency...

How does a currency card reduce the luck of dice rolls?

> I find the board roughly half of a  Monpoly board...  so   would
> 750  be a good number to start off with?  then again, this
implies
> all the bonuses are the same,,,  and should price be fixed to
face
> value,,,,

This makes no sense to me, sorry - not sure what you mean at
all!

> Well,,,    I apparently have some work to do,,      let me see what
> I can do.

I think the key to making the game move away from 100% luck
(which is where it is right now) into something more people
would want to play (lets face it, for 100% luck why not just play
chutes/snakes and ladders?) you have to introduce some way
that players have the option to make decisions so that they have
some control over their destiny.

Monopoly does this by having auctions, trading, and financial
decisions such as paying for improvements on sets and the
option to mortgage property (and sell improvements back to the
bank). However, I don't think there is any point in making
pawnopoly essentially the same as monopoly (unless that is
your goal - in which case it is easy enough).

How about being able to buy extra movement points?  Roll the
dice, if the number is crappy add more at $1 each.

How about benefits for owning monopolies or majorities in a tile
set?

How about a 'government watchdog' rule that tries to limit
monopolies... for example, it could cost you the value of the tile to
buy it.  If you own 1 tile in that set you have to pay the value +1, if
you own 2 tiles you have to pay the value +2.

How about using owned coins as improvements?  You have to
place the coins on a property you own which increases your
income, but now the tile the coin is actually from is a 'free' space
for your opponents. I always enjoy games that offer options
where the choices are tough.

How about the option to auction off coins you own (the owner can
set the minimum bid)?

I think there is a lot you can do with the piecepack plus the extra
D6s without needing an awkward money card if you play around
with various ideas (I sense that this is your goal for this game -
to keep it simple).

Phillip