Re: Yet Another New Game- Camel's Quest

> Firstly, it is possible (by lucky draw) that one or more players
> could win outright after drawing the 4 starting artifacts during
> 'Camel setup'.  One way to prevent this would be to start with
> less artifacts on the camels (note that with 4 players, there are
> 16 artifacts on the camels and only 8 on the board - the board
> seems to be pretty empty).
>
> Secondly, the rules state that a Traveler is not allowed to end up
> on the same square as an artifact. At the start, it is possible
that
> a coin and a Traveler may be on the same corner of the board -
> is this allowed and something that you intended in the design?
>
> Phillip

As I mentioned in the Commentary, this game was put on hold for a
while. If my games lack anything, its play testing. I think this was
my second game designed for the piecepack, and to be honest, I don't
know how much playtesting on CQ I have done. Choosy Sushi also had
this problem. I did not own a 'real' piecepack at the time I created
either. Also, I could never arrange times for other people to play
test my games. Thankfuly, as was mentioned previously, this won't be
a problem with the solitaires. 2 of them are based off of classic
games, therefore I predict the problems will be few.

Thank you for your comments, and I will work to edit them in the
near future. Perhaps the following changes should be made;

1.Players start with one artifact on their camel.

2.One artifact per tile(on any space in that tile), leaving the four
corner tiles open for a starting space for the travelers.

I wanted the game to convey a epic journey for relics and artifacts,
I think this game has a good result to that end.

Incidently, I originally called 'travelers' traders. I think I
nipped that logistic problem in the bud.

Eric