Re: [piecepack] Re: Need a good game for three

Iain Cheyne wrote:

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Mark A. Biggar"
<mark.a.biggar@c...> wrote:
 > Iain Cheyne wrote:

 > > Incidentally, the rules to Worm Derby are very similar to
 > > W�rmeln, the Alex Randolph game from 1994.
 > > www.boardgamegeek.com/viewitem.php3?gameid=404
 > >
 > > Mark Biggar: Was this coincidental? It seems it would be easy to
 > > adapt W�rmeln to the Piecepack.
 >
 > From the pictures on
 > Boardgamegeek, Wurmeln seem to use 7 unit worms and there also
seems to
 > be a version of the game themed to camel caravans.  I also notice
that
 > it uses the same "pick a die face and same faces cancel" idea

I try to adapt W�rmeln to the piecepack. If it plays well, I'll
write
up the rules and submit it to Piecepack.org.

After reading the rules for Wurmeln on Geek, I have a suggestion for you
on handling the moving finish line gate. Use two pawns about 2 tile widths apart. To move it, fix one pawn and them move the other to any
position two tile widths away from the fixed pawn.

For the movement dice, use the null as the X and just say the other faces are the value + 4.

Oh, when you write it up, remember to label it an an adaptation like I
did Evade and the flicking games.

 > All this means that I should probably at least put a note in
the "Worm
 > Derby" rules that thanks Alex Randolf for his inspiration, now that
 > know about it.  I just updated by piecepack wiki "Worm Derby" with
info
 > and will eventually get around to updating the ruleset on
www.piecepack.org.

It was a nice coincidence that I was idly browsing the geek the other
day looking at the games Alex Randolph has written.

Good work on the wiki by the way. You've been filling it out nicely.

Thanks, the Glossary has been a lot of fun.

--
mark@...
mark.a.biggar@...