many questions

Hi, all.  I'm relatively new here and thought I'd introduce myself
before asking a zillion questions.

My name's Pete, and I like to play games, especially those involving
wooden bits.  I liked the piecepack concept a lot, and when I found
that Mesomorph was selling wooden piecepacks, I decided to buy one.

So now I'm looking for games to play with the piecepack.  I've
checked out piecepack.org's game list, but it seems a bit sketchy --
no ratings (I'm told they were deleted because of user infighting),
and it seems rather cumbersome to read all 70+ games.  So my first
question is:  Which piecepack games, if any, have you enjoyed playing
repeatedly? Replay value is something I look for in a game.

Second, I've been looking around for cooperative/collaborative games -
- games in which the players try to help each other reach a goal
together.  Are there any cooperative games for the piecepack?

Next, I'm thinking about trying my hand at designing a game, but I
don't really know where to start.  What resources can you recommend
for someone who wants to design a game?

How can I tell whether a game I come up with is using too many of
someone else's ideas? The taxonomy page might be a start (in that it
will help me determine whether I'm picking something that has the
same mechanics as an existing game), but I can't tell if it includes
all of the piecepack games.  How does the wiki work? Does everyone
who wants to just make additions to it whenever they feel like it?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Pete