Re: Infiltr8 comments

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Electronicwaffle"
<electronicwaffle@y...> wrote:

(snip)

> I do not have time to fully take stock of the comments already
given
> and edit the game to reflect those changes. Alas, this seems to be
> running problem, as Pawnopoly has reached the same fate. On the
> whole, I think Infiltr8 has brought more positives to the community
> as it is currently than it has taken away.
>

> Any comments on TP5 would also be welcomed. I assume that this game
> will need at least 5 players to be fully realized. Given the
> Hollidays I assume most feedback for this game, as well as more
> feedback for Infiltr8 will come in the new year.
>

> Eric

If you don't have the time to consider the other comments, then what
is the purpose of requesting feedback? It is, of course, your game and
your design; but I can't respect your design if you have no respect
for the gamer. Making me, as a gamer, consult a results table because
your values are scattered and force me to make additional mathematical
calculations to divide by 3, then round up (sheesh) when you could
more easily accomplish your desired results by streamlining the
process does not inspire me to want to try out your ideas.

I don't even know if this post will make it past the moderator, but I
can't hold back my tongue any more. Frankly, Electric Pancake, I find
you to be immature and inconsiderate to the feelings of others in
other respects as well. You whined about not winning the prior
contest, even after admitting that you didn't even bother to read the
rules to the winning game. You accused the winning entry of being an
unoriginal copycat, yet you refer to your own reference to other game
systems as inspirations. You have insulted the prior contest judge on
more than one occassion. You have flooded this message board without
any consideration to the effect it may have on those who have these
messages forwarded to their e-mail accounts (I even had to disable
this feature myself). A vast majority of your posts have amounted to
proclaiming like John the Baptist the glorious ideas that will delight
and entertain the masses, and possibly even bring about gaming
salvation. You have taken offense at the most innocuous remark (I can
just *imagine* your reaction to this post) or anything that doesn't
proclaim your ideas as the Second Coming.

But what really gets my goat is that the community has been very kind
to you. You have received very detailed feedback on your submissions
as well as encouragement from this community. You know what I've
received from this community? A rather terse comment that I should put
line breaks in my txt rules files.

And let me tell you what *I've* contributed to the community:

* donation of $200 to the trophy cloth
* supported Mesomorph by purchasing 8, yes 8, piecepacks
* supported Icepack Games by purchasing 2 expanded piecepacks and a
complete Icehouse set, none of which I ever received (more on that
later)
* provided feedback on two games
* Actually took the consideration to actually purchase a full verion
of Adobe Acrobat, so I could provide my rules in a way where line
breaks wouldn't be a problem and so I could provide illustrations
* Considered the group's feelings by not leaving any file posted longe
r than a week
* submitted 2 games to piecepack.org, despite the fact that I had not
received a *single* comment from this community when I submitted them
to this group earlier

And what have I gotten from this community?

* Icepack Games has ripped me off
* Terse remark about not putting line breaks in my rules file; despite
the fact that I have seen other files posted without line breaks, and
these haven't received any complaints
* Absolutely no feedback on the two games I felt were the most
promising

To be fair, I did receive feedback on two early games that indicated
the games needed more work, and one of the feedbacks I submitted had a
friendly response.

The only bright spot to this entire experience is Mesomorph Games.
Karol is a saint. But that didn't occur here.

In any event, I have finally decided that I am not getting any return
on the investment I have made to this community, and so I am going to
cut my losses and leave this group. I certainly don't want to be
around if Mr. Buttersworth doesn't win the current contest.

<SLAM>