Re: Infiltr8 comments

Eric

Would it kill you to actually say thank you to David for providing
you with what is, in my opinion, much-needed feedback for your
untested game? I consider all of the points he raises to be
well-thought out, valid concerns which you should address if you
want to improve your game-designing ability.

Your message below clearly states that Inflitr8 has met the
same fate as Pawnopoly - i.e. that of being unfinished and
untested, with no attempt to make it work even after constructive
criticism has been provided. So how else do you expect David to
respond? I totally understand his feeling that you have no
respect for him as a gamer who wants to try and help you get
your game on the right track, i.e. into something that is playable
and enjoyable.

Phillip

> This is exactly why I released it into a work in progress folder. I
> am horrible at estimating times, and did not consider the
infinity
> of the dropping. This game came to me in bits and pieces.. by
> defintion of creating the game. I would think that rounding
should
> be to the next highest (greater) whole number. I can not beleive
> left out the f act that the coins should be value side down.
Indeed,
> it would be a much easier game the other way around. I am
partial to
> the most recent contest, as I have only played two piecepack
games
> total with another person (those being Berlin and Divorced
> Beheaded...) Growing up I was always being accused of
making up the
> rules to games (around age 5). Ironically, it should not be
> surprising that I have ended up here some 15 years later.
>

> I do not have time to fully take stock of the comments already
given
> and edit the game to reflect those changes. Alas, this seems
to be a
> running problem, as Pawnopoly has reached the same fate.
On the
> whole, I think Infiltr8 has brought more positives to the
community
> as it is currently than it has taken away.
>

> Any comments on TP5 would also be welcomed. I assume
that this game