Re: [piecepack] Vote to ban Electronic Waffle

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 04:22:02PM -0000, Iain Cheyne wrote:
> --- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Electronicwaffle"
> <electronicwaffle@y...> wrote:
> > David, The better Man survives, Good Riddance and Merry Christmas
> > you to.
>
> Couldn't you find it in your heart at least to try to make some peace
> with Dave?
>
> Can't we vote to ban Electronic Waffle from this forum?. I have had
> enough of him. Reply to this thread with your votes.

Iain, it's a good idea, but I'm not sure a public vote is the
appropriate mechanism, for a couple of reasons.  First is that, like
it or not, the piecepack list is not technically a democracy; the list
admins "own" it, so they can add or delete people as they see fit
without input from us.  The second reason is that if we have a vote, a
secret ballot might be better; people might not be willing to cast an
open vote for fear of making enemies (one way or the other).  I
suggest that we either use the Yahoo! Groups polling mechanism or send
the votes to a neutral party who can tally them and make sure the vote
is fair.  If we use the Yahoo! poll, I recommend that who is voting be
left transparent to the moderators (but no one else) so that they can
verify that no one is voting under multiple email addresses.

For what it's worth, my vote is to expel Electronic Waffle.

    Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/
	 Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,
Kennexions Glass Bead Game & Positive Revolution FAQ: http://www.ludism.org/