Re: [piecepack] Vote to ban Electronic Waffle

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 10:28:22AM -0800, Ron Hale-Evans wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 04:22:02PM -0000, Iain Cheyne wrote:
> > Can't we vote to ban Electronic Waffle from this forum?. I have had
> > enough of him. Reply to this thread with your votes.
>
> Iain, it's a good idea, but I'm not sure a public vote is the
> appropriate mechanism, for a couple of reasons.  First is that, like
> it or not, the piecepack list is not technically a democracy; the list
> admins "own" it, so they can add or delete people as they see fit
> without input from us.

Rereading this a few hours later, I see I wasn't making myself
completely clear on this point: it is the listadmins' decision what to
do about Eric.  When a non-listadmin calls for a vote to expel
someone, it has about as much effect as does a _People_ magazine poll
on U.S. foreign policy.

The rest of my comments about my opinions of how a vote should be
conducted were included only in case the listadmins DO want to call
for a vote.

    Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/
	 Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,
Kennexions Glass Bead Game & Positive Revolution FAQ: http://www.ludism.org/