RE: Tula Stats [WAS Re: Session Report - Easy Slider, One Man Thrag!...

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Kisa Griffin" <kisa_griffin@h...> wrote:

> It seems I may have been the victim of a series of unlucky shuffles.  I was
> telling Meredith about this when she got home and she tried it.  She play
> three games with theses results.  She didn't use mercy at all and this time
> I am counting the first tile.  : )
>
> 1.  22 off
> 2.  4 off
> 3.  23 off

That sounds more typical in my experience.

> As I said, I am open to others showing me that it can be more likely to win
> than my sampling indicated.  I still think that while there are some choices
> to be made, and they are important to make correctly, winning at Tula is too
> dependant on a lucky shuffle for me.  But I may live to eat those words,
> it's happened before.  : )

No, no danger of that I suspect.  I agree with you completely that Tula is mostly luck
dependent.  It was built to appeal to those whole enjoy Klondike, Spider, Shanghai,
and other patience type games.  For me, Tula feels very much like other such games,
but is much shorter to set up and play.

Cheers,
James