Re: [piecepack] Mathrix

One of the first games I have tried from the competition is Mathrix
(with an 'h'), by Clark Rodeffer, in which you try to clear the 4x6
board of coins (leaving only one coin) by forming mathematical
equations with their values.

Ron, I think you misread the rules the same way I did. When you form an equation, you only remove *one* of the coins contained in the equation, not all of them; this makes the game harder, and it also creates a strategic choice, since which coin you remove will affect what you can form with what's left on the board. I found the game perplexingly simple too, until I actually tried to play it properly. :-> I haven't gotten to play all the contest games yet, but this is my favorite so far (but I'm highly fond of puzzle-type solitaires).

Marty

Marty Hale-Evans    marty@...    Seattle, WA, USA

 "Of course, sometimes I am forceful with my opinions, but
  that's only because I'm passionate...and right...and
  passionate about being right..."   - Frasier Crane