Re: [piecepack] Ruleset license information update

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 07:43:40PM -0000, Mark A. Biggar wrote:
> I would like to bring to everyones attention that the FDL license
> information that most of us have been using in out rulesets is
> obsolete.  The FDL have been upgarded to 1.2 (from 1.1)

Thanks, Mark.  I was going to bring this to everyone's attention, but
didn't want to be a pain.  In any case, the boilerplate reads

> Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this
> document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License,
> Version [whatever] or any later version ...

so games released under version 1.1 are still covered under 1.2.

> and the
> link to the license text has changed from
>
> http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html

The former URL still works for me, and displays version 1.2, not 1.1.

> I don't know if Karol wants to do a global update (especially
> for the CD-ROM),

She can't; she doesn't have the legal right to.  Only the copyright
holder can determine the licensing terms for a document.

> but designers should make these changes as they
> update thier rulsets for the web page.

Probably, yeah.  Thanks again for pointing this out.

    Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/
	 Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,
Kennexions Glass Bead Game & Positive Revolution FAQ: http://www.ludism.org/