Rules questions for Matrix

First off I would like to say that this games looks interesting.
Second I have to say that I agree with previous comments that
the rules are confusing.  I want to play it more but I would like to
be playing it properly and to do so I am in need of some
clarifications.  Hopefully Mr, Barret himelf will step forward to
address these questions.  If not, perhaps Phillip Lerche, the
master of soitary confinement, will say a few words as he clearly
figured it out well enough to play it and give it the honorary
mention of best theme.

I will preface these questions by saying that if I did not feel that
the game had potential I would not be bothering you with thes
questions.  I am not just trying to pick on your wording, I am trying
to understand your intent so that I can play.   And I fully admit that
this may be one of those rare (Ron could vouch for this part)
instances where I just don't grock game rules after reading them
a few times and trying a practice game between each reading.

Here are the items that I feel need clarified to start with.  These
may address everything for me depending on the answers.
There are a few bits that depend on which why the answers fall
whether they are still conffusing or not.

1. There are two definition of the word contiguous that could
apply in each instance that it is used in the rules.  They are:

     1. Sharing an edge or boundary; touching.
     3. a. Connecting without a break: the 48 contiguous states.
                             -The American Heritage Dictionary 3rd Ed.

  The confusion is in sections Basic Game - Making a run - (1) &
(2). Which of these applies to each occurance of this word?

2. When chosing where the initial pawn and tile are placed we
are assuming an invisible grid on the tabletop.  Is this correct?

3.    In Basic Game - Making a run - (2) you address how to add
to the matrix if you want to move in a direction that has no ice or
an occupied data fort.  What if you wish to go in a direction that
contains a tile where one of the ice breakers has previously
broken ice and the poer-up token is gone? Does the ice break
move in freely or does it have to break the ice again?

4. Can an Ice breaker exit and re-enter the matrix?   Does it have
to deal with ice on the way out or does it just pop out and come
back in another way?  Could it in fact come in to the matrix in a
very different area of the table thus creating two sections of the
matrix which are, at that time, not connected?  If it can pop out
and re-enter this would allow you to enter right next to a data fort,
is this the intent?

5.  What are the values of the Null and Ace on the dice?  I played
using the default of 1 and 0.  If that is that case it seems to make
the game pretty random and very hard because you will have to
have a minimum of one coin of a color on hand to get into a data
fort as they have a value of 6 and you can roll at best a 5 (+1 for
being the same color.

I look forward to the answers to these questions so that I may
accurately play the basic game and move on to the advanced.

Thank you very much,

Kisa Griffin