Re: [piecepack] Making your own piecepack tiles from wood...

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 01:23:22PM -0000, kevineagles72 wrote:
> I was wondering has anyone made sets of there own and have some
> advice? I'd like to make a JCD set of my own on wood...but without
> using stickers, and I don't have access to a silk screener or
> anything fancy. I was thinking of trying to use computer "iron" on
> paper and ironing on each piece's graphic individually...
>
> Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Kevin, it just so happens that I am in the middle of creating a JCD
piecepack.  I am laserprinting each sheet onto cardstock, cutting each
paper bit with stickers, and applying them to wood with Mod Podge.

Mod Podge is this goop that doubles as both glue and sealant.  It is
used for decoupage.  You can buy some at your local craft store.  I
use a small paintbrush to glue the paper to the wood with Mod Podge,
then apply two coats of the stuff to seal it.

The cardstock I am using is 110-pound weight stuff I bought at Office
Depot.  You can get the wood bits from one pf the places mentioned on
this page:

  http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/Vendors

I have used other methods to create piecepacks as well; maybe I can
describe them later.  This method works pretty well. It is slow but it
is inexpensive.

Ron H-E

--
    Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/
	 Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,