Re: [piecepack] Intro and a Session Report (very long)

Chris writes:

>Woo hoo!  Somebody played my (adapted, OK, heisted) game (besides the judge
>that is)!

I had to go look up the original card version of Gaps after playing.
You left out the rule in which you get one redeal after play becomes
blocked.  I might 've won all those games!  ;-)

>Thanks for the report Susan.  I really need to get my family to play more of
>these games with me... my two sons are way too enamored of the glossy themed
>boardgames (OK, so am I).

Same here.  That's probably why it's taken me so long to try out
Piecepack games.  I'm definitely a parakeet who naturally gravitates
toward shiny bits and pretty art.  But now I'm seeing that there is a
lot of unpublished talent out there that is worth checking out.  Who
knows, maybe a great idea for a game will come out of nowhere and hit
me like a bolt of lightning.

I'm planning on trying Froggy Bottom with my youngest (7 yrs.)  He's a
kid that likes puzzles and is not put off by abstract games.  He loves
the Icehouse game, Volcano.  Alas, my eldest son (10 yrs.) loves
highly themed games, preferably violent, with fancy bits.

--

Susan Rozmiarek
http://www.rozmiarek.info