Re: [piecepack] Re: New piecepack components? Dice cards and paper dice

I, at one point, was actively working on a piecepack deck of cards. I have the Anchors (Arms) done for the initial prototype. I put up the sample in the files area and made a request for input. I since have looked at it again, and want to make a change.

Each suit would have the following 16 cards

Primary Value   /   Secondary Value      /      Bit pattern
Null  /  Null  / 0000
Ace  /  Ace  / 0001
2  /  2  / 0010
3  /  3  / 0011
4  / 4  /  0100
5  /  5  / 0101
6  / ? /  0110
7  / ? /  0111
8  / ? / 1000
9  / ? /  1001
10 /  Null  / 1010
11 /  Ace  /  1011
12  /  2  /  1100
13  /  3  / 1101
14  /  4  /  1110
15  /  5  /  1111

The only thing that I am not entirely happy with is the secondary values for 6-9 (inclusive). One idea is to introduce a new symbol (such as a star) for all four, which is similar to how I did it in the prototype.

An idea that I am starting to play around with, which I think I like much more, is having the 4 secondary values be the four suits with the suit of the card being the largest value... so for the sun suit the values would be:

6 / Anchors (Arms)
7 / Crowns
8 / Moons
9 / Suns

but moons would be

6 / Suns
7 / Anchors (Arms)
8 / Crowns
9 / Moons

This would mean that each suit has a turn being each value.

Thoughts? Should I even continue? Are people interested in this idea?

Tim Schutz wrote:

This is something I could work on when I get back to Seattle. It's easy enough to create the graphics for a free deck of printable cards. It's interesting that Deck of Dice patented their cards. I wonder what part they patented. I know a game caled PAYMI that uses a similair deck and has a copyright of 1962
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/5487

TimS

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511

http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/grQolB/TM