RE: [piecepack] Making your own piecepack tiles from wood...

>mistake.  MP is a water-based medium, and it works best when it can
>permeate the paper that's being applied to the wood, almost creating a
>medium that suspends the paper fibers, ink, etc. and bonds it to the
>wood.  Some of Ron's pieces are buckling as they dry and causing
>bubbles to form between the wood and the cardstock.  I think this

Putting a layer of MP (or Royal Coat) down before covering helps this problem immensely.  Also by letting it dry somewhat between coats.  I've decoupaged all kinds of things - and I can say this is how I alliviated that problem with the playing cards I 'podged onto Eric and Dave's mirror.  They weren't absorbant either.

Plus, I was thinking Royal Coat might be a good covering even over paint to seal it and make sure it doesn't chip off.

Mer (who's suddenly so chatty about her crafting and PP designing ways!)