Re: [piecepack] Making your own piecepack tiles from wood...

I started on my set this weekend as well.  I got the 2x2 squares from the
recommended site in the wiki.  I used minwax fruitwood stain on the first bunch,
but found that the color was too light, and some of the pieces buckled with
the liquid stain.

This morning, I started over, sanding and sanding...the used a minwax
cherrywood gel.  This produced a very nice color, and no buckling.

I've burned the lines in the back, and am using gildenglitz every other
square to get the checkerboard effect.  So far, so good with that.  Once I get a
few pieces finished, I'll post a photo.

Any input is greatly appreciated.