Trimming Icehouse to Pyramids

Just a bit of personal experience here...

When trimming a slight amount from an odd-shaped
object, like, say, a pyramid...

Brace your sawblade at the height you want, above some
smooth surface:
_____________________ sawblade
BLOCK           BLOCK

Then with considerable patience and care, slide the
object to be trimmed over the smooth surface, with
slight pressure against the blade, moving in the
easiest direction at first, until a groove is
established in the object.

          /\
         /  \
BLOCK  /      \  BLOCK

Something like that.  I'm not a handyman, but I like
to think I'm a clever man.