Re: [piecepack] Re: Game idea for some else to develop

On Thursday 19 August 2004 3:44 pm, Electronicwaffle wrote:
> I might be on thin ice here, but if we can reduce games that are so
> similar to each other as to reproduce most of the same aspects then
> we should work to weed it out. Rule Book legnth is an issue for
> other members.

Humbug! Make 50 variants on a theme! Go for it.  (Give credit where it is due)
This will mean that we may end up finding rules that are potentially
	better overall
	better for a given type of personality
	inspire other games
	create interesting mechanics
	etc. etc.

Sure some of them may be flops and not worth persuing further, but that is ok.
As for Rule Book length, may I suggest the following:
	read the rules online
	play the game once or twice (without printing if you can)
	print of the rules putting in a "Needs Further Playing"
	play the game a few more times
	move print out to your Rule Book

If after any of these steps you find yourself no longer interested, move on to
a new game. This process not only prevents near-clones (which "reproduce most
of the same aspects") of games you are already very happy with padding out
your Rules Book, but it also helps keep games that
	you don't like
	are uninterested in
	are just not good
out as well.