New Trial Rule Set

I have posted a rather quick piece of work I threw together over the past
few days.  In three play tests it seems to have played smoothly, and I am
anxious (most likely overly so) to get something out there.  I would
consider myself a novice games designer, just beginning to get a firm grip
on the different type of game mechanics, and their affect on games and game
play.  I am also a novice to piecepack with just 6 games under my belt (3
were playtests for this game, and 3 other solo ventures).

This game is a simple game for 2-4 player (i think best with 3 or 4)
entitled The Royal Court and the Court Jester...at least for now.  The game
is introduced with the following fluffy bits:

"Each month the nobility of the land gather for a two day long feast.  In
between bickering sessions they gather in the large dining hall for a huge
feast, and entertainment by the court jester.  Each of the noble families
brings a huge contingent of cooks and servers to assist with the meal.

In this game you play the roll of servers trying to ensure that the members
of your noble family eat the best and enjoy the best entertainment."

An includes the following synopsis:

"You will place your coins (servers) in the serving area at the start of the
game.  Once the feast starts you will move your servers so that they can
either serve tables, serve the Jester (so he performs better) or serve the
kitchen staff (because the staff has to eat also).  Because of the intense
bickering you can never really tell who will show up for a feast, and due to
intense loyalty you will never serve anyone but members of your own noble
household."

The game rules are posted in the "in progress" folder as a PDF.  Please feel
free to post any comments here or directly to me at sean at seanandmelissa
dot net.

Talk to you soon.  Sean