Re: piecepack Workshop: Cell Management v0.6 by Mark Goadrich

I read the Cell Management 0.7 rules, and compared to the 0.6 rules
they were *much* easier to grasp. Where before, I was constantly
reviewing, this time through seemed more clear. The diagrams are also
much better, and I especially like the full circuit diagram with each
move shown. Great job on the update!

I *still* have yet to actually play a round, but thinking through the
example moves, I agree with what others have already said, that Cell
Management is very puzzle-like. Not that that is a bad thing! I think
the piecepack system could stand to have many more puzzles and solitaires.

Since there are six steps in each circuit (or twelve if you count the
guards searching the secret hideouts separately), the puzzle probably
has both even and odd parity. Depending upon which sacrifices are
made, both can likely be exploited in solving any initial position.
Therefore, I also agree that every legal initial position *should* be
solvable.

Suggestions? Only very, very minor ones, really. Cell Management looks
great as it is! You might want to consider a scoring system (instead
of "speed") to help players rate their performances in head-to-head
contests -- maybe the number of circuits the guards make? Solo players
could keep records for their personal bests as well.

Clark