Re: [piecepack] Piecepack anyone?

It really got me excited for the first couple of
months after I learned about it. I made my own
piecepack to play around with, but alas, I couldn't
find the time to seek out other local gaming
enthusiasts to explore this wonderful new gaming tool
with me. Had I discovered piecepack 6 years earlier, I
would've had a local gaming shop to share it with. But
things like work and family tend to curb the need to
play so much.

I truly think that piecepack is a great set of gaming
tools, but unless someone with deep pockets grabs a
hold of it and starts mass producing inexpensive sets,
it will continue to languish in relative obscurity.

Ideally, one of the big card companies should grab
hold of it (Cardinal Games, maybe?) and offer it as a
boxed set.

Perhaps if enough people who are passionate about
piecepack were to organize a grassroots marketing
effort, it might grab the attention of a sizeable
company and spur them to mass produce a set.

But then again, there are the legal issues surrounding
the ownership and distribution of the intellectual
property (games) developed for piecepack...so maybe
that's what is keeping the big companies away.

It's nice to see some fresh enthusiasm for piecepack,
though!