Re: [piecepack] Piecepack anyone?

Hi

On Mar 3, 2006, at 1:53 AM, George Harnish wrote:
I wouldn't say you're late. You're just between surges.

  If I'm between surges, then it's all right :)

The contests may be over, but the games go on. I've been considering
assembling a booklet of rules and my own piecepack to distribute to
the children's ward at our local hospitals. I've considered offering
it to schools to see if there might be interest with teachers or for
a potential play-time activity, or a game design class.

I've also been thinking about making piecepacks and trying to get them into shops here in Spain. I think people would be quite receptive to this system, but the problem is letting them know about it... There is a kind of toy/educational shop that I think would agree to sell it (they sell other small produced wooden puzzles and board games).

Here in Spain, cards are very popular, so I can see people understanding the piecepack concept. I even thought of designing a piecepack set with the spanish deck suits... but some games that use both componets should be designed too...

I'm also testing some ideas for games. Maybe I'm just excited because the piecepack concept is new for me, but I think the limiting factor when designing a piecepack game makes it so much easier to actually do it. This is the first time I'm actually testing my own designs, and it's fun!

P.S. Cool name.

Thanks :) Some of my friends call me George too