Re: [piecepack] About the contests

On 8/22/06, Jorge Arroyo Gonzalez <trozo@...> wrote:
Hello all.

   After reading the new contest pages on the wiki, I've realized
this was actually the first "private" contest. I assumed (wrongly)
that all the other contests before this one had been also organized
by MG. So, my suggestion (in one of my first messages to the list) of
a contest from the piecepack comunity was really irrelevant, as all
the contests before the last one seemed to be just that. I'm sorry I
didn't look into this before writing that message, but at the same
time I'm happy to learn how the contests worked.

   So, what next then? :)

-Jorge

Glad you asked, Jorge. :-)

You may remember that the rules for the Group Projects contest stated
that the winners had the right to suggest a judge for the next contest
if they decided not to judge it themselves. I have been in touch with
Jeb Havens and Ian Schreiber, the winners of Group Projects. They
regret that they are too busy right now to judge the next competition.
However, since I won the Mesomorph  competition, I have Jeb's and
Ian's blessing, as well as the blessing of Clark Rodeffer, the judge
for Group Projects, to judge the next contest myself. I already have a
theme and am writing up the rules. I'll announce the contest in a week
or two. Don't worry; the theme won't be Ludic Synergy II.

I *am* looking for donations of prizes for the contest. The last few
competitions had some prettty good prizes, so let's try to at least
match them. Please send me private email if you can contribute a
prize.

By the way, Jeb Havens has promised to send the Trophy Cloth back.
He'll mail it to me in a few weeks, and I'll send it to the winner of
the next contest. I will not be signing the cloth myself this time
because the contest I won was not part of the "lineage" of the public
competitions. I consider it enough of an honour to be judging the next
contest.

Long live the piecepack!

Ron H-E

--