Re: [piecepack] Anonymity, definition of standard piecepack equipment, and my work is worth nothing!

On Monday 04 September 2006 19:33, Ron Hale-Evans wrote:
> The version that most people
> will see, _forever_, is the version that goes up on the games page at
> Piecepack.org: your final version. The only people who'll see the
> plain version are me, Meredith, and possibly the playtesters.

Ahh, but I am not judged on the pretty rules, and I argue that pretty
rules/components can make a big difference to the final feeling/clarity of a
game. But as I mentioned my major concern has been addressed, so I'll leave it
be, and be very thankful that you are running the contest. Thank you!

> > Also worth note is neither this nor any other contest in the past has
> > mentioned that you can not submit a game that you have already released
> > to piecepack.org... My game Triactor is a good match for this
> > competition, and even if I do reformat the rules to meet your
> > requirements you will still know it was mine, because you have seen it
> > already!
>
> I don't really understand your problem here, Jonathan. Could you
> please clarify it?

Can I submit a game that has already been released and available for download
on piecepack.org? It destroys any pretence of anonimity since you already
know that I wrote the game, but could I do up a compliant formatted version
of Triactor and submit it? Your rules currently do not cover this, nor have
any of the contests in the past, although you are striving for anonimity. (I
was tempted to submit Triactor for the Mesomorph contest that has finally
come to a close as well.)

   http://www.piecepack.org/JCD.html  ;)