Re: [piecepack] Anonymity, definition of standard piecepack equipment, and my work is worth nothing!

On 9/4/06, Porter235 <porter235@...> wrote:
On Monday 04 September 2006 19:33, Ron Hale-Evans wrote:
> The version that most people
> will see, _forever_, is the version that goes up on the games page at
> Piecepack.org: your final version. The only people who'll see the
> plain version are me, Meredith, and possibly the playtesters.

Ahh, but I am not judged on the pretty rules, and I argue that pretty
rules/components can make a big difference to the final feeling/clarity of a
game. But as I mentioned my major concern has been addressed, so I'll leave it
be, and be very thankful that you are running the contest. Thank you!

You're welcome!

In the end, every contest comes down to the subjective viewpoint of
the judge, whoever that is. The rules state this explicitly. Speaking
for myself, I'm more interested in how the game plays than in how it
looks on the page. A pretty ruleset just doesn't impress me as much as
it might impress some other judge, so don't worry: you're not at much
of a disadvantage when you submit a plain version to me.

Can I submit a game that has already been released and available for download
on piecepack.org? It destroys any pretence of anonimity since you already
know that I wrote the game, but could I do up a compliant formatted version
of Triactor and submit it? Your rules currently do not cover this, nor have
any of the contests in the past, although you are striving for anonimity. (I
was tempted to submit Triactor for the Mesomorph contest that has finally
come to a close as well.)

Well, I guess the answer is no. Since Triactor couldn't be anonymous,
by definition it would be disqualified as a competing entry. However,
feel free to submit it with a fresh coat of paint as a noncompeting
entry: "Noncompeting entries are also welcome and may ignore the
**Anonymity** rules."

Remember, ever since the first contest, one of the main reasons for
having contests has been to make more piecepack games available.
Resubmitting a game wouldn't do that.

> http://www.piecepack.org/Printable.html
> http://www.piecepack.org/PrintableExpansions.html
   http://www.piecepack.org/JCD.html  ;)

Good catch! :-)

   Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/
Mind Performance Hacks book: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/mindperfhks/
	   Center for Ludic Synergy: http://www.ludism.org/
(revilous life proving aye the death of ronaldses when winpower wine has
		   bucked the kick on poor won man)