Re: [piecepack] Re: A new game: DungeonBuilders

On 2/23/07, sipig <sperry@...> wrote:

> Thanks for the clarifications Jorge.
>
> Just had a game (well, first round of a game - its currently 5 - 10 in
> the gold stakes!).
>
> However, another few issues came up when laying out the dungeon:
>
> 1. If I have two disconnected sets of tiles that can be connected by
> the tile I am currently placing, am I allowed to do so? The rules are
> a little ambiguous as they say the player may do so, but also say that
> "he must only connect the tile to at least one tile or set if possible".

I'm sorry. my writting wasn't too clear there... What I mean is that if you
have more than one legal way to connect a piece, you have to at least do so
once. If one of the ways to connect it is to the entrance set, then you must
do so, and any other connections are optional. If you cannot connect it to
the entrance set, but you can connect it to any other set, then you must
choose at least one. Any others are optional too...

Was that clear?

2. What happens if the last tile is placed and you end up with a short
> run from the entrance and a big disconnected set, but the last tile
> can't be used to connect the two parts?

The building phase ends when there is a connected set from the entrance to a
5 tile. If you draw a 5 tile but cannot connect it, then the building phase
still continues.

On the othe hand, if a player powers their character up to 5, then he enters
the dungeon in whatever state is in.

3. If, after placing all tiles, you are left with a disconnected part,
> is it just ignored?

Yes.

Thanks for trying the game out. I look forward to reading your comments
about it :)

-Jorge