Re: A new game: DungeonBuilders

Hi Jorge, thanks again for replying so quickly.

Let me see if I understand your answer to point 1.

A tile must always be connected if possible.

If it can be connected to the entrance set, it MUST be so connected.
If a tile can not be connected to the entrance set but can be
connected to another tile (in a disconnected set), it MUST be so
connected.

If a tile can connect to two tiles which are in disconnected sets (one
of which may be the entrance set) then it CAN be used to connect these
two sets, but this is optional.

Not sure you understood my point in #2. When I first started laying
out the dungeon I ended up with something like entrance/0/1/0/1/0, but
with the other 1 and the twos "buried" inside the disconnected set
(because of the way the tiles came up, I never got the chance to
connect the 2s to the entrance, similarly for the other 1). This meant
that there were no tiles left that could connect the entrance to the
disconnected set (which had all the coins on it). Yes, if someone then
powers up to 5 he would enter a very small dungeon and get, say, 1
gold. But this seems such a waste of the set-up phase. I think a rule
is needed (not sure what it would say yet - will have to think about
it) that would enable/force the two parts to be connected.

Point 3 I understood and is what I expected (but see point 2...)

Overall I like the idea of the game, although with two people the
set-up phase seems very long in comparison with the "exploration"
phase, particularly if you are powered up to five and find a magic
sword early on.

Other things that I would like to add to the dungeon, but again would
need to think about, would be traps. Would need somehow to mark a tile
as being trapped (perhaps each player is allowed to simply write down
which tiles are trapped, but I would prefer somehow to use game
components). A trap could do perhaps a single point of damage whenever
triggered.

Hope that these comments help!