Re: [piecepack] Re: What's Up With Mesomorph Games?

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 1:47 AM, Jorge Arroyo<trozo@...> wrote:

>> The only place to order from is Blue Panther.
>>

> Well... That's not true. We're making piecepack sets, although we're in
> Europe... Check out the second vendor on the wiki:
> http://ludism.org/ppwiki/Vendors

I can confirm that Jorge makes nice piecepack sets and ships them
quickly.  Europe to the US was much faster than I would have imagined.
 (I also had a custom logo put on a dice tower.)

Blue Panther is an excellent supplier.  If you have any problems with
your pieces they will ship replacements instantly.  (I have a huge
number of sets from them, so I've tested that a few times.)  I also
suggested that they make dice towers, so I can say that they respond
well to suggestions.

As for IcePack, they seem to have updated their site a year ago but I
haven't heard of anyone receiving anything from them in years.  (At
one point there was a call for reports to be submitted to an
investigation of them, but the Yahoo archives don't go back that far.)
 The most that I ever managed to get out of them was them to start a
tracked shipment, but they never actually had the post office pick up
a package.  My experiences with the owner would not cause me to
characterize him as 'lazy' or 'a poor businessman' given the other
alternatives available.

Michael