Re: [piecepack] The Spiral?

troubledkoala wrote:

My question is this -- could the spiral on the coins be replaced by the appropriate suit? It seems to me that that might be more aesthetically pleasing. Are the spirals used because of the small space on the coins to paint in?

No, it's intentional that you can't see the suit on the value side of a
piecepack coin and there are games that depend on that

Also, what's with the direction marks on the coins? Can't you tell by the symbol or value which direction the coins point in?

The null coin has no symbol and so needs the tick mark.  The other
coins have it for consistency.  Besides it makes it simpler to talk
about coin directionality in rule sets.

--
mark@...
mark.a.biggar@...