Re: Just released my own graphic set for the piecepack

"Daniel Ajoy" <da.ajoy@...> writes:

> On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 17:03:52 -0500, Ben Finney <ben+yahoogroups@...> wrote:
>
> > It's disappointing how much of the Piecepack stuff is available only
> > under non-free licenses (such as FDL
>
> how is FDL non-free?

By the terms of <URL:http://freedomdefined.org/>.

The FSF maintains that the FDL is free, but they manage this by
partitioning freedom differently for different cultural works and
ignoring the flaws in such artificial distinctions.

For cultural works, the CC-BY or CC-BY-SA licenses are far simpler and
actually free terms.

A detailed discussion would be rather off-topic for this forum, so I'll
just point to <URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_FDL#Criticism>.

--
 &#92;          “The fact that I have no remedy for all the sorrows of the |
  `&#92;     world is no reason for my accepting yours. It simply supports |