Game Design Wiki
This site has been established to foster the collaborative development of the principles of GameDesign, and in particular, a PatternLanguage of GameDesign.
Initially, we will gather together all the GoodIdeas that have appeared in different sources, scattered throughout the web and other print sources. Then, we will begin transforming these ideas in Patterns that will link a problem to a solution, enabling us all to build better games.
- See the CategoryGoodIdea page for some good ideas on GameDesign.
- See the CategoryPattern? page for the initial drafts of a handful of patterns.
- And what would patterns be without antipatterns? CategoryAntiPattern?
- See CategoryProduction? a complete list of information on PrototypeProduction.
- The new ChessVariant page aims to be a reference for chess variant information, especially variant pieces.
- GameDesignContests are a chance for you to shine as a designer.
- You might be a GameCrank if...
What is a Wiki?
A wiki is a web site built collaboratively by a community of users. Anyone can edit a wiki. This means you!
Feel free to add your own content to this wiki. Anything related to game design is fair game. Here are some pages to help you get started.
The Game Design Wiki is powered by Oddmuse.
Elsewhere on the Internet
Wiki founded by Justin_Love? and graciously hosted by the Center for Ludic Synergy, Ron_Hale-Evans?, site administrator. OtherContributors.
So, have you seen that new Monopoly game? (Do we need an IdeasToPlace? page and/or some sort of CommunityForum? ?)