Re: [piecepack] Re: Genesis, Cloning, Possibilities

> I was thinking the same thing-- perhaps a Piecepack Design Contest?

Actually, we have been making plans to run just such a contest on
piecepack.org, we just hadn't quite settled on the specifics yet.  Given the
interest shown here recently, let me throw out what we were looking at and
ask for comments/suggestions.

Periodic contest, 1 or 2 months per cycle.

Two tiers, one for pure piecepack game, one not (piecepack combined with
other games or parts or what have you).

Winner in each tier awarded a free piecepack, supplied by Mesomorph.  (Great
prize for those without one, maybe not so great for those who already bought
one.)

We wanted to have some system in place for contestants to receive comments
on their designs, with the goal of either submitting it for inclusion on the
piecepack rules page, or sending it back with (constructive) suggestions for
improvement.

Since this would be going through piecepack.org, the same rule applies to
entries that we apply to the rules we publicize on the site.  We only list
rule sets where the author has given permission for the rules to be
distributed freely.