Re: [piecepack] Copy this copy that, left, right, which way is up???

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 02:17:51AM -0000, david_bruce_cousins wrote:
> But, copyleft is the correct thing IMHO. You must first copyright the
> work (hell I had to type it up!), and you are able to do that with
> game instructions. I this case, SOLO is a common-law copyright at the
> moment. I wouldn't bother to send in drafts to the C.O. Copyleft
> requires some distribution clause like the GNU GPL. I haven't stuck
> the legal mumbo on that yet either.
>
> IWBN if someone put together a nice boilerplate for the naive waifes
> of the group (like me) that we could attach to these types of rules
> postings!

I suggest something like the following, which my wife Marty and I use
on our games.  (The GNU FDL is a form of copyleft for written
materials.)

Copyright 2001 by Marty and Ron Hale-Evans. Permission is granted to
copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the
GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version
published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections,
no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license
can be found at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html.

--
         Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... & rwhe@...
           Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,