Re: [piecepack] piecepack.org -Ideas

Ron Hale-Evans wrote:
The once-a-month thing occurred to me as well, although there are 41
games there now.  That's almost a year's worth.  Would new games be
added faster than existing games would be showcased?  Considering how
quickly games have been added lately, it seems possible.

Hmm... I guess I'm slightly in favour of the game-of-the-month idea
rather than game-of-the-week.  Infrequent visitors might miss games if
they were showcased weekly (unless there were a Featured Game Archive
-- that would be cool).  Similarly, having a game of the month rather
than a game of the week would extend the "15 minutes of fame" for game
authors to a full hour!

The other question is the number of authors.  Although there are 41
games on piecepack.org, I count only 15 individual game authors, many
of them in collaborations, including a couple of credits to Mesomorph
Games.  This means that a lot of the author info would be repeated,
sometimes several times.

I'm sorry I don't have anything more positive to say.  I like the
idea, but I see a few problems with it.  If someone else can suggest
solutions, all the better!

Ron H-E