Re: Alien City on the new Seattle Cosmic Wiki

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe@l...> wrote:
> Happy New Year to all!
>
> At the most recent Seattle Cosmic Game Night, Alien City was played.
> The session report for that game night has been posted, complete
with
> photos:

Thanks for the kind words regarding Alien City on the Seattle Cosmic
Wiki web site. It's really a good feeling when you hear about other
people getting enjoyment out of your games.

I noticed on the web site that mention is also made of two mistakes
in the rules PDF for Alien City (at the end in the scoring example).
This was news to me but after examining the rules again, I agree that
there are indeed two errors.

The scoring for the blue-owned red tower marked C in Fig. 6 should be
18 points, not 21 (the red dome can not be a customer of a red tower).
Secondly, Blue does NOT receive a bonus score for owning the closest
red tower to the unclaimed green D tower. This is because two red
towers are equally close to D, and in the case of a tie for closest,
no bonus is given out.

Thanks to Ron or John, or whoever it was who spotted this. Hopefully
it can be corrected on the Mesomorph rules CD when the new games are
added following the close of the present design competition.

Right now I am away from home on a slow connection but when I get
back I will get the PDF corrected. I would be most appreciative if
anyone who knows of locations where this PDF may have gotten to
besides the piecepack site, Mesomorph Games, or this discussion group
could please let me know so I can send corrections to those locations
too. I will be back at mschoessow@... starting on 6 Jan
(but there's going to be LOTS of digging out to do before I get to
all my mail).

-Mike Schoessow