Re: [piecepack] [O.T.] How many games strong is Piecepack now? Is there a limit to this number?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mark A. Biggar
  To: piecepack@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2003 9:13 AM
  Subject: Re: [piecepack] How many games strong is Piecepack now? Is there a limit to this number?

  >> Is their a Limit to the number of games Piecepack can create?

  >Probably, but I don;t think we are anywhere near that limit yet.
  Surely the number of potential games must be huge. Trying to calcuate this might be an interestuing exercise (but not something I'm willing to spend more than a minute or so on). However, as a starting point, the number of components in piecepack is 52 (24 tiles, 24 coins, 4 dice). Since each tile, and each coin, has two faces, and dice each have six, there are actually more individual component states than 52. Considering that all the tiles are identical on the grid side, and that there are only six different coin designs on the number sides of the coins, is there then a significance to the number 2eX where X relates in some way to the number of individual component attributes possible in the piecepack (for example 24+6 +24+1 +24 (coin states plus tile states plus dice states). At any rate, as I said, a HUGE number. And this number in tern must relate in some way to the theoretical maximum number of different games possible. Actually, it's kind of a pointless exercise :-)

  -Mike Schoessow