Re: Thoughts on Pawnopoly... anyone?

Hi, Eric

I read through the rules to Pawnopoly and I have a few
questions.

The setup part seems over complicated - why not just take the
null tiles out first then construct the board accordingly? Also,
'upper left' 'lower right' etc only work as terms if all players are
sitting on the same side of the board - I know what you are trying
to say, but it would be better if it was clearer. Each null tile could
be assigned a specific corner of the board.

You talk about players taking a scorecard - then the scorecard is
never mentioned again.

When rolling for movement - I couldn't see how many tiles you
move your pawn when a null or ace is rolled.

This rule confused me:

"If you land on a tile that is not owned, and does not have a coin
on it, refer to the section "Special Instructions". "

As far as I could gather, this applies only to the 4 corner tiles, as
the other tiles will always either be owned or have coins on
them. It would be clearer to just refer to the corner tiles in the
rules.

Do the special actions refer to the corner tiles?? If so, then
'nothing happens' doesn't seem like much of a special action
(this occurs when you land on 2 of the corners, so in effect you
only have 2 special actions in the game, not 4). Once again,
depending on player perspective, upper left etc as descriptive
terms will mean different things to different players - or was this
your intention? I also think that losing 3 turns is a pretty harsh
punishment (at least in monopoly the get out of jail options give
you some control over what you do).

It seems like there is no strategy in this game - it is all luck of the
die with no player interaction. I would suggest adding strategic
options which give players more choices, perhaps based on the
suit or number of the tile they land on. Perhaps players could
spend their claimed coins on actions. Perhaps when players roll
a null when trying to own a  coin that could be used for some
purpose.

Phillip