Re: Thoughts on Pawnopoly... anyone? -Long

Random Ramblings on Phillip's Post, and my updated Ideas...
I don't pretend to think that Pawnopoly could have been made with
out Monopoly, and I think we all bring this base of knowledge to the
game, hence, I will use the Monopoly standards in my ramblings.

I admit the game was hastly put together, and then again, when
Piecepack doesn't come with money, I figured the dice could
approximate having or not having money. I guess, we could re-do the
board in such a way, that each color has one side, thus taking care
of the Null tile placement assignments, and it would also go further
towards a "monopoly" of a side/color/suit.  If the claim coin where
to be spent, it would be hard to prove that someone owned that tile.
In the case of honest forgetfulness. I admit that luck is used a
lot. Perhaps too much, but all games are on a spectrum from pure
luck and pure skill, so this game is closer to luck, and I think it
has its rare occasion when it desired for play. Perhaps it is closer
to a Family game in this sense. I also admit being spotty with the
instructions, on a play test of the rules as they are now, I saw no
reason for the score card I had thought up. (Who owns what, to
determine a "rent" factor as in monopoly) But, since the player
simply looks to see if the coin is there or not, it didnt matter who
had it. Perhaps, Player A could have a partnership with B (Perhaps
one number deduction, and have two for the standard, or property
sharing) and Player D could be a enemy, who gets an increase when A
lands on player D property. (This would go round robin, sort of a
circular Rock Paper Scissors)

If at all possible, I want to keep my games as close to using just
one piecepack as possible, just out of portability, and convience.

In the grand sense of gaming, I dont see how any game in the scale
of monopoly can have have that much strategy compared to other
games... especially german style games that have seem to become the
new monopoly (In terms of popularity).

In the 50 or even 75 is it, by now, years Monopoly has been played,
it seems Game tastes have moved elsewhere, perhaps "Graduated" in a
sense. I think however, that in its own right, Monopoly has its
niche like Checkers, and Chess... and Deserves to be adapted to the
Piecepack.

Perhaps....  we could have all the tiles face down, but leave the
coins on the "board"  when the roll is met, the tile could be
flipped over, and faced in the direction of the player who rolled it.

Should each player have a preset number of re-rolls? would that help
add to the strategy... "should I use a re roll now, or later?"
should we have this as the "GO" salary??

Also, should the "Berlin" mechanic be implemented?  A way to double
the chance of owning a tile when landed upon?  ((When you land on a
tile, if the die matches the tile in value you get to own the tile,
with out a re-roll))

One last note, I tried to be as generic in some areas of the rules,
to allow for variations... not to open a can of worms, but Im sure
we all play the 'real' Monopoly with our own rules.. and perhaps
they are all different. I meant the "special" instructions to imply
the tiles a player had "written" instructions for. My 8 years of
Magic: The Gathering playing has taught me not to box in or limit
rules, as they will burst at the seams the moment you make them.
(Countless Eratta and Re-eratta has been made in MTG and in their 25
plus sets... the wording has evolved, and I use from the current
wording in most cases.