Re: Thoughts on Pawnopoly... anyone? -Long

Hi, Eric

I am not quite sure what you wanted in terms of feedback on
Pawnopoly.  Were you looking for input on potential special
actions? Or ways to add strategy to the game? I have some
suggestions, but really want to know what direction you are
looking to take the game in first.

> Piecepack doesn't come with money, I figured the dice could
> approximate having or not having money. I guess, we could
re-do the
> board in such a way, that each color has one side, thus taking
care
> of the Null tile placement assignments, and it would also go
further
> towards a "monopoly" of a side/color/suit.  If the claim coin
where
> to be spent, it would be hard to prove that someone owned that
tile.
> In the case of honest forgetfulness.

I think it is fine to use a standard die and the null coin as money
in the game - or, since most households have a monopoly set
you could substitute M money ;)
There was another suggestion that the null coin could actually
count for 12 money units by flipping it, so players could start with
18.

And I don't have a problem with a random board every time (as
this adds to replay value) but it seemd like you could take the null
tiles out first, rather than do the 'remove and replace' thing after
the tiles are laid. (This was a rather minor point).

> I admit that luck is used a
> lot. Perhaps too much, but all games are on a spectrum from
pure
> luck and pure skill, so this game is closer to luck, and I think it
> has its rare occasion when it desired for play.

My orginal posted comments were trying to address this issue.
Maybe I wasn't clear, but as far as I could tell from reading the
rules, gameplay appears to be 100% luck.  Please let me know if
I missed something, but from my reading of the rules there was
no decision-making at all.

Monopoly with the original rules (and nothing added) offers quite
a bit of strategy - whether to buy properties or not; trading of
properties for properties and/or cash; auctioning of properties
when a player does not purchase (through choice or lack of
funds)after landing on unowned properties; the ability to
mortgage properties at any time to alleviate cash-flow problems.

Phillip