Re: New Racing Game in Rulesets in Progress - and Hello!

Welcome to the group!!

> Greetings, this is my first post to piecepack, but I've been
lurking
> here for a month or so.
>
> I'm a game designer by trade (Stupendous Games -
> www.stupendousgames.com) -excuse the shameless plug.
Recently I
> stumbled across the piecepack and have totally geeked on the
> concept.  (I'm also toying with publishing piecepacks -
although that
> will be a different post.)
>
> This is the first of three games the piecepack has insprired in
me.
> (One is a solitaire game and might get entered in the contest.)
>
> Feed-back is desired!
>
> - A better name than "Rally Racers"? - ugg!
> - Is Ram too expensive?
> - Dashboards too small? confusing?

I haven't played your game, but from reading the rules I have a
question and a comment.

Q: when setting up your car at the start it isn't 100% clear (to me,
anyway) whether you can customize your vehicle or not. An extra
sentence may be helpful here. If you can customize, then
possibly an additional example (picture) might be helpful.

Comment: generally the game looks great, I like the varying
tracks (always a benefit to prevent racing games from becoming
stale as well as for changing difficulty level) and the rules are
well laid out.  The dashboards are neat, you have obviously gone
to a fair amount of trouble on these. I don't think they are too
confusing, however it seems like they might be vulnerable to
even mild jostling during the game, which could lead to
arguments about exactly where the pips are pointing.  This
could possibly be improved by being bigger (I don't think there
would be any problem having a full page-sized board).

Nice website, I love the idea for the state quarters game about
George ;)

Phillip