Re: [piecepack] Re: Picking the best games for a rules booklet

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 02:58:49PM -0800, Mark A. Biggar wrote:
> Electronicwaffle wrote:
>
> > A would think a full page (one side) should be devoted to the
> > website, with clear indication that more free games can be found
> > there.
>
> Not only that, I'd include a 1-2 sentence description of each game on
> the web page that wasn't included in the printed rulesets.
>
> Now for some suggestions (I going to push my own game of course :-) ).
>
> Another race game to be considered is "Worm Derby", which I've used
> very successfully to introduce people to piecepack.
>
> BTW, I should have an expanded version of Chariots with more special
> actions (at this point is looks like you get 2 actions a lap chosen
> using a chinese menu system ) done by the end of the year.
>
> Also you should include at least one flicking game.
> If you don't want a score card (which excludes Ppolf) then I'd suggest
> "Tabletop Bocce" which has easier to understand rules then "Tabletop
> Croquet".

Um, Mark?  Didn't you design all three of the games you're
recommending (Worm Derby, Chariots, and Tabletop Bocce)?  I thought
Iain only wanted recommendations of games that recommenders did not
design themselves.

Actually, I see that Clark Rodeffer recommended Chariots.

    Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/
	 Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,
Kennexions Glass Bead Game & Positive Revolution FAQ: http://www.ludism.org/