Re: Great work from wiki volunteers

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe@l...> wrote:
> There has been some great stuff happening on the Piecepack Wiki
> lately.  I track the RecentChanges page on a daily basis.  Lately
> Jonathan Dietrich has written some kind of experimental script that
is
> parsing the PDFs at piecepack.org and transferring the text (only)
> the corresponding wiki pages, so that it can be searched with the
wiki
> search function.  That's really cool!

OK. I think I have a peliminary pass done of the existing games. One
each game page there is now a link called /TextVersion which will open
up the text version (suprise!) of the game. The quality of these
versions are variable as they were generated automatically, but it
will allow us to search against the text of the games. If you would
like to update a text version to make it look better, by all means do
so.

A couple of other new features I wanted to point people too.

You can now search for games based on the NumberOfPlayers
<http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/NumberOfPlayers> . So if you have 5
people over and want to see a list of all of the games playable by 5
people, you can.

It is now possible to add basic ratings to games. Things are set up
currently to use a 1, 2, or 3 check system. Check
<http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/Ratings> for instructions on how to add
checks to your comments. Then, over time the
http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/Ratings/Summaries page will become more
usefull in finding games that other people suggest. (If we use this
sort of check system, it will lessen the manual work required to keep
pages like the RecommendedGames page up to date, as the summaries are
generated dynamically.)

another page worth note on the wiki is the WantedPages
<http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/WantedPages> . This page lists all of
the pages which people are linking to, but do not yet exist.

enjoy.
JCD