Re: [piecepack] New to group

On Monday 06 December 2004 6:37 pm, Frank wrote:
> A useful feature for the piecepack game listing would be a date of
> inclusion.  This would make finding the new entries much easier,
> especially if you have not visited the site for a little while.
> Frank

This is a great idea, and things have been started on the wiki to provide this
functionality. Well, the functionality is there, we just need to get all of
the game pages updated with the version date info, in the proper format so
that the search / sorter can handle them.. Check out the work in progress at
<http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/SortByDate>

How can you help, you ask? Well, it is a wiki which means that anyone can edit
the content on any page. So check a few game pages and ensure that they have
the Version Date row in the header area and that the date is in the
YYYY-MM-DD or YYYY-MM format (this format is easiest to sort).  The
SortByDate page lists games which have an "Invalid Version Date". This might
be the easiest place to start. I have been going down the list of games
<http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/CategoryGame> and ensuring that the version
date info is there and correct. If someone wants to start at the end of the
list <http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/CategoryGame> that would be great as well.
In no time at all we will have a list of games sorted by the year and month
in which they had their most recent version released.

JCD