Re: [piecepack] New to group

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:58:18 -0500, Porter235 <porter235@...> wrote:

> On Monday 06 December 2004 6:37 pm, Frank wrote:
> > A useful feature for the piecepack game listing would be a date of
> > inclusion.  This would make finding the new entries much easier,
> > especially if you have not visited the site for a little while.
> > Frank
>
> This is a great idea, and things have been started on the wiki to provide this
> functionality. Well, the functionality is there, we just need to get all of
> the game pages updated with the version date info, in the proper format so
> that the search / sorter can handle them.. Check out the work in progress at
> <http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/SortByDate>
>
> How can you help, you ask? Well, it is a wiki which means that anyone can edit
> the content on any page. So check a few game pages and ensure that they have
> the Version Date row in the header area and that the date is in the
> YYYY-MM-DD or YYYY-MM format (this format is easiest to sort).  The
> SortByDate page lists games which have an "Invalid Version Date". This might
> be the easiest place to start. I have been going down the list of games
> <http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/CategoryGame> and ensuring that the version
> date info is there and correct. If someone wants to start at the end of the
> list <http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/CategoryGame> that would be great as well.
> In no time at all we will have a list of games sorted by the year and month
> in which they had their most recent version released.

Yes, Jonathan has done some great work adding this feature to the
wiki.  Thanks, Jonathan.

IMPORTANT:  As an anti-spam measure, it's now necessary to log in to
the wiki to edit it.  If you don't have an account (or you do, but
you're logged out now) , just click on "User Preferences" in the
upper-right corner of any page and follow the instructions.

Ron
wiki admin

--
   Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/
       Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,